Grace & Peace exists to help people in Anna and surrounding communities know Jesus Christ, grow in relationship with him, and show him to others. We seek to do this through worshipping together, growing together, and serving together.
Our pastor, Matt Wood, was raised in Northeast Georgia and graduated from the University of Georgia in 2002. Matt married Alisha in 2004 and moved to the Dallas area in 2006 to begin seminary at Westminster Theological Seminary-Dallas. During seminary and after graduating in 2010, Matt served as an intern at Denton Presbyterian Church, PCA in Denton, TX. In 2011 the Woods moved to the Anna area to join the work at Grace & Peace, and Matt was ordained as a teaching elder in the PCA in March 2012. Matt and Alisha live in Melissa with their two children, Elisabeth and John David.
As a mission church, Grace & Peace is governed by the session of elders at our mother church, Redeemer Presbyterian Church in McKinney.
What to Expect
Worship at Grace & Peace can be described as traditional and liturgical. This means that we follow a similar order for worship each week that includes multiple Scripture readings (some responsive), prayers, singing hymns, and participating in the Lord’s Supper. Our worship service is saturated with the Bible and the gospel of Jesus Christ because we believe that these are our greatest needs.
Nursery is provided throughout the service for children up to 3 years of age. Children from ages 4-6 may join the nursery during the sermon for a lesson, snack and activity.
Preceding the Sunday morning worship service we offer a time of Christian Education and fellowship. Sunday Morning Gathering for adults meets from 9:45-10:15 in the worship area for a time of singing, prayer and teaching. During this time, elementary students (K-5) meet in the cafeteria for Kids Club which consists of a Bible story, activity, memory verse and prayer.
What We Believe
We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Taken from the statement of beliefs of the Presbyterian Church in America. For more information on the PCA click here.
Ministries of Grace and Peace Presbyterian Church
For more information regarding the ministries of Grace and Peace, please Contact Us.
Men’s Bible Study – Our Men’s Study meets the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month at 7:ooam at the Inc-Cube facility in Anna (312 N. Powell Pkwy).
Women’s Bible Study – Our Women’s Bible Study meets Wednesdays at 7:00pm at 137 Hilltop Dr. in Anna.
Melissa Community Outreach Food Pantry – We collect canisters of oatmeal the 1st Sunday of each month to be donated to the food pantry.
Deacon Fund – Every 5th Sunday of the month we take up a collection to help members and individuals in the community in need.